Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds,** that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.
Where can Sculptra be used?
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Hollowness in the cheek area.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- Sculptra Aesthetic is injected into the skin. The number of injections per treatment session will vary depending on the degree of correction that is right for you.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- After each treatment session with Sculptra Aesthetic there are a few easy things you will need to help with the treatment results.
- Massage the treated area a few times each day for several days after treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for a week after being treated to minimize the chance of bruising.
- You may resume most normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Immediate results that only improves over the next several weeks after treatment.
- Sculptra Aesthetic works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.
Patient Frequently Asked Questions
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable that can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly. It replaces lost collagen to give you a more natural looking appearance without giving you away. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, on average, three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years.
Sculptra Aesthetic has been safely used worldwide since 1999, in over 150,000 patients, under the trade names New-Fill™ and Sculptra. In 2009, the FDA granted approval in the U.S. for the correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold (smile lines) contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles which are treated with the appropriate injection technique in healthy people.
Sculptra Aesthetic works to target the underlying causes of the signs of aging such as collagen loss. Sculptra Aesthetic is a facial injectable that works gradually in a series of treatments — an average of 3 injection sessions over a period of a few months — to produce a refined, more youthful-looking appearance. During the course of your Sculptra Aesthetic treatments, collagen is replaced. Over time, you'll notice changes to your face that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which works to replace lost collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid is safe - absorbed naturally by the body - and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
Sculptra Aesthetic treats shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds** which are treated with appropriate injection techniques for results that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable with results that can last up to 2 years* after your last treatment.
No. Because Sculptra Aesthetic targets the underlying causes of the signs of facial aging, it can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly and can last for up to 2 years.* Some visible improvements can be seen within the first few weeks of treatment, but the Sculptra Aesthetic regimen is designed to deliver its unique effects over the course of a few months. Typically, an average of 3 treatment sessions over a period of a few months – and because results happen gradually, you’ll see subtle yet noticeable results in the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.**
If you want subtle yet noticeable results, Sculptra Aesthetic may be right for you. Sculptra Aesthetic is injected beneath the skin and works to gradually replace lost collagen, targeting the underlying cause of the signs of facial aging, for results that can last up to 2 years.