10-year Upper Eyelid Guarantee
Dr. Jon Mendelsohn will guarantee results* for at least 10-years for ALL patients receiving upper blepharoplasty.
Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty
- Probably the single best procedure to help you appear more refreshed.
- Comments about looking older, sad, or tired.
- Excess skin, wrinkles, hooding, heaviness of the upper eyelids, and inability to apply makeup to the upper eyelids.
- Sagging, drooping, or “hound dog” look at the corners of the eyes.
- Difficulty with vision when looking upward or ahead.
- Excess fat either below or above the eyes, or both.
Blepharoplasty Animation Videos
- Eyelid Surgery – Lower
- Eyelid Surgery – Upper (great animation revewing the changing occurring in the upper eyelid region)
- Outpatient procedure performed under local anesthetic in our AAAHC accredited surgery center.
- Procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes to perform.
- When treating the upper eyelids, an incision is made in the natural crease of the eyelid, and excess skin and fat are removed.
- When treating the lower eyelids, an incision is made inside the lower eyelid, or below the edge of the outer lower eyelid, and then excess skin and fat are removed.
- Lower blepharoplasties may not be recommended, as non-surgical treatments like fillers and DOT laser may help rejuvenate many of the concerns patients have without surgery.
- You will need to sleep and rest with your head slightly elevated for a week after your procedure. We prefer that you do NOT sleep on your face.
- Pain is minimal, subsides by the second or third day, and is easily controlled with medication like Tylenol. Most patients do not take anything after the first day.
- Swelling is mild to moderate and peaks at day two, then subsides rapidly over the next several weeks.
- Bruising is minimal.
- You will come in the day after your procedure for a checkup, and sutures are removed about six days afterwards.
- Makeup may be applied after sutures are removed, and you are able to comfortably appear in public after that time.
- You may resume many activities within the first week after surgery, and most regular activities by the end of three weeks.
- Favorite single procedure with GUARANTEED results.
- Natural, rested, younger appearance.
- Better vision (for those with obstructive problems) and relief of heaviness and discomfort of the eyelids.
- Presentable appearance by the end of the first week that just gets better over three to six months.
- View Eyelid Before and After photos in our Blepharoplasty Gallery.
• Based on agreed upon expectations and goals achieved through the consultative process.