Addresses the following concerns:
- Desire for correction of a weak, small, recessed, narrow, or short chin.
- Desire for a stronger profile.
Chin Implant Procedure
- Outpatient procedure performed under local or MAC (twilight) anesthesia in our AAAHC accredited surgery center.
- An inconspicuous incision about an inch in width is made under the chin within the crease.
- A space is created over the lower edge of the chin bone, a chin implant is inserted, and then the incision is closed.
- Procedure takes about thirty minutes.
- No drains are used.
- Tape is kept over the incision area for a few days.
Chin Implant Recovery
- You will need to sleep and rest with your head elevated for a week after your procedure.
- You will need to come in for a checkup the day after your procedure; sutures are removed about six days afterwards.
- You can shower the day after surgery.
- Pain is minimal, is mostly gone by the second or third day after surgery, and is easily controlled with medication.
- Swelling is mild to moderate, peaks at two days after surgery, and then rapidly disappears over the next two weeks.
- Minimal or no bruising.
- You can resume many activities within the first week, and most all by the end of three weeks. No contact sports are allowed for six weeks after your procedure.
Chin Implant Result
- Beautiful, balanced contour of the chin and lower face.
- More confident feeling about facial proportions.
- Natural and presentable appearance by the end of the first week after surgery that continues to improve over the next three to six months.