SELPHYL™ is a patented system for the safe and rapid preparation of Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM), a proven technology that dermatologists and plastic surgeons are using to correct the effects of skin aging.
A Revolution in Rejuventation
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Hollowness in the cheek area.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- We collect a small volume of blood from you, the patient, and through a patented process, that separates and concentrates the patients own platelets and fibrin into a matrix.
- The resulting PRFM can be applied to a treatment area of the face to stimulate cell proliferation.
- Virtually no recovery time, and no dressings or bandages are needed.
- As soon as SELPHYL™ prepared PRFM is administered, growth factors are released into the skin through a sustained mechanism. In vitro studies have shown that platelet growth factors are released for up to 7 days, supporting collagen production and dermal matrix reconstruction. It is thought that SELPHYL™ treats a root cause of skin aging by triggering the production of new cells and collagen.
- The treatment will provide a gradual increase in volume by helping to stimulate your body’s own collagen production. Following your treatment, you will see immediate results. Once the initial swelling goes down, it may take up to 3 weeks to see sustained volume gain.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.
Patient Frequently Asked Questions
What is Selphyl?
The SELPHYL™ System is an autologous platelet and fibrin processing system, which uses your own blood to prepare a product enabling the administration of your concentrated platelets and tissue building elements (Platelet-Rich Fibrin Matrix or PRFM).
Where is it applied?
SELPHYL™ is applied just below the surface of your skin.
Are there any side-effects?
Since SELPHYL™ uses your own blood and does not contain any animal or synthetic components, there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction and there have been no reported allergic reactions to date. Consequently, skin allergy testing is unnecessary prior to treatment. However, if you have a history of allergies please inform your physician.
What result can I expect?
The treatment will provide a gradual increase in volume by helping to stimulate your body’s own collagen production. Following your treatment, you will see immediate results. Once the initial swelling goes down, it may take up to 3 weeks to see sustained volume gain.
Will my skin become noticeably hard to touch?
As this is a natural process using your own biology, there are no known such associated risks.
Does Selphyl produce permanent results?
Although not permanent, SELPHYL™ PRFM offers natural and lasting effects.
Do I need more than one treatment?
Desired results may be achieved in just one visit, but only your physician can determine the best treatment approach.