Addresses the following concerns
Breast Augmentation Animation Videos
- Breast Reconstruction using MemoryGel® Breast Implants
- Natrelle® Breast Implants
- Saline Implants – Areola Incision
- Saline Implants – Armpit Incision
- Saline Implants – Under Breast Incision
- Silicone Implants – Areola Incision
- Silicone Implants – Armpit Incision
- Silicone Implants – Under Breast Incision
Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Outpatient procedure performed under general/MAC anesthesia in our AAAHC accredited surgery center.
- Incisions may be made in the breast fold, around the areola (dark skin around the nipple,) or via the axilla (under the arm.)
- Saline-filled or silicone gel-filled implants are placed either directly under the breast tissue or behind the chest muscle. Dr. Maier will discuss the best options for you at the time of consultation.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Pain is moderate and is controlled with medication, and starts to taper off a few days after your surgery.
- Sutures are removed a week after your surgery.
- Your breasts may feel hard and sit up higher than normal for about two weeks. Swelling is moderate and may last several weeks.
- You will need to wear a sports bra twenty-four hours a day the first week after your surgery,
and during the day for the second week.
- Avoid sun exposure while healing.
- No lifting of five pounds or more for at least two weeks. No strenuous activities including aerobics, running, or jumping for at least three weeks. When you do resume such activities, you should always wear your sports bra. Please consult with the Doctor for clearance before starting up your regular workout routine.