- Rosacea is a common skin disorder in men and women, affecting over 16 million Americans. This skin condition is characterized by facial redness and flawed texture, flushing and skin sensitivity, which leads to lingering redness and small vessels, mainly on the nose, upper cheeks and chin. Typically, the symptoms of rosacea come and go with lengths of time in-between initially, then will become more and more frequent when left untreated.
Cause of Rosacea
- The exact cause of rosacea is unknown, although there is a strong genetic link and there have been triggers identified that can contribute to “flare-ups”, such as certain skin care regimens, sun exposure, alcohol and spicy foods. The visibility and chronic nature of rosacea lends to self-consciousness, social isolation, and avoidance of certain activities that you once enjoyed.
Our philosophy to treatment
- Luckily, at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center, we are fully equipped to help those embarrassing signs of rosacea with medical-grade skin care regimens and treatments targeted at addressing facial irritation and redness along with Intense Pulse Light therapy to calm inflammation, therefore reducing redness and visible vessels to restore a beautiful, healthy skin tone.
- “I have struggled with the symptoms of rosacea for years, I’ve tried so many prescription medications that always made my facial redness and texture look worse. But with an effective skin care regimen, amazing skin care treatments and IPL therapy at Advanced, my skin looks and feels more beautiful than ever!” – Dr. Hope S. Merz, CNP
* Based on agreed upon expectations and goals achieved through the consultative process.