What is Acne Vulgaris?
- Acne Vulgaris is a disorder in the pilosebaceous unit, in which hair follicles become clogged with skin cells, bacteria and excess oil from the skin. Acne lesions appear as pink, red or white bumps and cysts on the facial skin, chest or back.
- These lesions can hurt, itch, cause inflamed skin in surrounding areas and may lead to various degrees of scarring. Acne scarring is classified into four types: “ice pick” (narrow, deep pitting), “Rolling” (bands of wave-like depressions), “Keloid” (raised, thickened areas), and “Boxcar” (oval depressions).
- Acne lesions and scarring can have detrimental effects on your skin and affect the way you look and feel. Having a negative opinion on your appearance can result in an array of psychological impacts, including anxiety and depression, lack of self-confidence, embarrassment and avoidance of social activities. Our medical team aims to give you your confidence back, through a variety of treatment options, so you can look and feel your best again.
How we can help you
- At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center, not only can we treat the primary cause of your acne with the dermatological expertise of our staff, but we also offer state of the art therapies to improve the aftermath that years of breakouts can lead to.
- Our expert medical aesthetic team will formulate a customized treatment plan to address your specific skincare needs with therapies in-office as well as a maintenance regimen to help keep your skin looking radiant at home.
- No matter the severity of your active acne lesions or acne scarring, with our range of offerings from topical medical-grade skin care regimens to microneedling, platelet-rich plasma therapy, laser treatment and surgical options, you will be in the best possible hands to restore your skin to its natural, healthy beauty.
* Based on agreed upon expectations and goals achieved through the consultative process.