Our Cincinnati Advanced Botox Center
Our Advanced Botox Center, located in Cincinnati, is the Midwest’s premiere location for Botox treatments and other facial injectables. We are #1 in Cincinnati, and in the top 1% of practices in the United States. We have highly trained and experienced staff of skilled providers who regularly perform the full spectrum of Botox Cosmetic treatments. Our Advanced Botox Center has served as a national physician training site for advanced injection techniques. Unlike many “Medispas” and “Skin Clinics” that do not have an on-site physician, the Advanced Botox Center has a board-certified facial plastic surgeon present on-site at all times and the Botox providers at the Advanced Botox Center have over 45 years of combined medical experience.
- Desire for a smoother, less wrinkled appearance where lines exist such as in between the eyebrows, the crow’s feet, and across the forehead.
- A tiny needle is used to inject a small amount of the medication into the muscles responsible for creating wrinkles.
- Injection time takes a few minutes or less.
- Virtually no recovery time, and no dressings or bandages are needed.
- You may have small, red bumps at injection sites, that subside in 15-30 minutes.
- Pain is minimal. Patients may experience brief, tolerable pain during injection, and a minor amount of tenderness after treatment.
- You may go back to work with unrestricted activities immediately, just avoid pushing or rubbing on the treated areas for the rest of the day.
- Beautiful and natural-looking softening or elimination of most affected wrinkles lasting 3-6 months.
Ask us about Special Package Pricing!
- BOTOX® Cosmetic has also been used to effectively treat excessive sweating (hyperhydrosis) of the underarms, feet, or hands, as well as to minimize the length and severity of migraine headaches.
FAQs about BOTOX® Cosmetic
Q. What can be done to alleviate my facial wrinkles during lunch, without excessive pain or recovery time?
Treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a therapeutic agent derived from the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. Also known as Botulinum Toxin Type A, BOTOX® Cosmetic is produced in FDA controlled laboratory conditions and is administered in extremely small therapeutic doses. Botulinum Toxin Type A is the most studied of the seven different serotypes of botulinum toxin (A, B, C1, D, E, F, and G.) Each type has different properties and actions. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a therapeutic muscle-relaxing agent that helps to remove wrinkles over a variety of areas of the face. It has been used for over twenty years and millions of injections, and is approved by the FDA for a number of different conditions.
Normally your brain sends electrical messages to facial muscles so that they can contract and move. The electrical message that is generated from you brain is transmitted through facial nerves. At the end of the nerve a neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, is released to deliver a message to the muscle. BOTOX® Cosmetic works to block the release of acetylcholine, and, as a result, the muscle doesn’t receive the message to contract. Therefore, BOTOX® Cosmetic provides predictable and reliable results in alleviating wrinkles resulting from overactivity of certain muscles.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected into the muscle using a very fine needle. Tiny amounts are required, usually less than 0.5 cc. Multiple areas may be treated at the same time.
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections take less than a minute to perform.
No. Some patients may report minor and temporary discomfort from treatment, however, this lasts for only seconds. The majority of patients do not complain at all, and in fact, most patients will use BOTOX® Cosmetic again.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is truly a lunchtime procedure. You may return to work immediately after treatment.
Usually, you will see the effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic within two to three days. The maximum benefit is reached in one to two weeks.
Typically, effects last from three to six months before fading. To maintain the best results, patients should retreat about every three to four months.
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments can typically be repeated indefinitely. Long-term treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic has well-established as it has been used for over 20 years worldwide.
Book a consultation with Dr. Mendelsohn to find out if BOTOX® Cosmetic is the right treatment for you. BOTOX® Cosmetic should not be used during pregnancy, if you are nursing, or if you are taking certain medications. Only your Facial Plastic Surgeon can determine the best course of treatment. If you have any questions regarding the use of BOTOX® Cosmetic, please call or email us.
All medications have some side effects. When using BOTOX® Cosmetic for the treatment of facial wrinkles, side effects are minimal. It has been reported, however, to cause a transient weakness of muscles at the injection sites. Rarely, nausea or a drooping of an eyebrow have been observed.