With long lasting Bellafill dermal filler, it’s all about confidence. The only dermal filler FDA approved for the correction of moderate to severe acne scars on the cheek. Bellafill requires a skin test.
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- When other fillers don’t last long enough.
- Bellafill is a safe, injection procedure that takes only a few minutes to administer.
- You will see immediate results and be able to return to your normal daily activities after the procedure.
- Treatment takes a matter of minutes, depending on how many areas are being treated.
- For many areas of the face, the injections are well tolerated with no anesthetic. A topical anesthetic may be used to increase comfort level, and in the case of treating the lips, a dental block is often used to make the treatment more comfortable.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- You may experience some redness, tenderness, firmness, swelling, or bruising at the injection site. These side effects tend to be mild to moderate, and subside within a week after treatment.
- As with any injectable wrinkle filler, you can expect mild swelling and reddening at the Artefill treatment site. These side effects are usually gone within 24 hours.
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for a week after being treated to minimize the chance of bruising.
- You may resume most normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Immediate results that only improves over the next several weeks after treatment.
- Studies have shown that patients injected with microsphere-enhanced collagen five years from their initial treatment still reflect a natural appearance in both their overall facial appearance as well as in the area treated.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.
Patient Frequently Asked Questions
Bellafill is the long lasting solution for wrinkle correction. Bellafill consists of a combination of microsphere enhanced collagen and lidocaine for comfort.
The collagen gel acts as a carrier for the microspheres in Bellafill. Gradually, your body absorbs the collagen while the microspheres remain to provide a long lasting support structure below the wrinkle to sustain wrinkle correction.
Yes. Bellafill has proven to be a safe and effective dermal filler for the correction of wrinkles and was approved by the U.S. FDA in October 2006. In clinical testing, Bellafill was as safe as the control temporary filler. Since the launch, thousands of patients have been safely treated with Bellafill and there have been no product recalls and no reported medical device events.
Temporary dermal fillers are made of different kinds of natural or synthetic materials that are completely absorbed by the body over time and as a result, wrinkle correction usually lasts for only 3-9 months. The microsphere enhanced collagen in Bellafill remains intact at the treatment site and provides structural support to keep your wrinkle from returning.
You will see results immediately. In the U.S. clinical study, full wrinkle correction was maintained for up to one year. Several other studies show results lasting 5 years and longer.
Most people get the results they want with one or two treatments, depending on the depth of their wrinkles and folds. When you have your follow-up appointment in four to six weeks, you and your doctor can decide if you would like to further enhance your results.