Is CoolSculpting™ Right for Me?
• Are you within 10 to 15 pounds of your ideal body
• Do you have noticeable bulges or bumps that you
would like reduced?
• Do you want subtle, natural-looking results?
• Do you want a procedure with little to no pain or
• Do you need a procedure with no downtime?
• Do you prefer a natural process over drugs,
chemicals, or surgery?
If you answered yes to four or more of these questions, contact a CoolSculpting Center to see if CoolSculpting may be right for you!
Zeltiq's Coolsculpting procedures have been all over the media including this nice segement from Dr. Oz.
(please be patient as this is a 5 minute educational video clip)
The CoolSculpting™ Procedure
CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ is a new, non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat in targeted areas of the body that results in a noticeable, natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas. What makes the CoolSculpting procedure different is that it uses advanced cooling technology to selectively target fat bulges and eliminate fat cells through a gradual process that does not harm the surrounding tissues. This procedure can reduce unwanted abdominal fat, love handles (flanks), and back fat.
Patient Frequently Asked Questions
The CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ procedure can reduce the fat layer by 20 to 40%. Scientific testing has found an average reduction of 20%. If the patient's treatment plan calls for an additional procedure to get rid of love handles or back fat, this will be done after two to four months, depending on the doctor's advice. An additional 20% reduction can be experienced, resulting in a total fat loss of 40%. Final losses may be more or less, depending on the case.
The patient and doctor first select the area(s) to be treated. For instance, if your goal is to reduce your love handles, the doctor will position the system on your side. The device then draws the bulge up between two cooling panels. The sensation is a firm tug and pull – enough of a pull to ensure the tissue will be cooled most efficiently.
As the panels go to work in the first few minutes, the patient feels a sensation of intense cold. This soon dissipates. The patient is seated comfortably or lying down during the one- to three-hour procedure. Many people spend this time reading, working on their laptop, or even taking a nap.
Yes. The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-invasive, so the patient can return to normal activities immediately. Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, or numbness in the treated area, but this is temporary.
Patients may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after their treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But the body is still flushing fat cells, and will continue doing so for up to four months.
During the CoolSculpting procedure, the treated fat cells are eliminated. As long as the patient maintains his or her weight with diet and exercise, long-term results should remain stable.