Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
(Lower Eyelid lift)
Addresses the following concerns
- Comments about looking older, sad, or tired, discoloration of the lower eyelid region.
- Excess skin, wrinkles, bags, circles, and discoloration of the lower eyelid region.
- Excess eyelid fat.
Blepharoplasty Animation Videos
- Outpatient procedure performed under local anesthetic in our AAAHC accredited surgery center.
- The procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes to perform.
- When treating the lower eyelids, incisions can be made in the natural crease of the lower eyelid, where excess skin and fat are removed.
- A transconjunctival incision can also be made “inside” the lower eyelid region when only excess fat is required.
- When treating the lower eyelids, an incision is made inside the lower eyelid, or below the edge of the outer lower eyelid, and then excess skin and fat are removed.
- Lower blepharoplasties may not be recommended as non-surgical treatments like fillers and DOT laser help rejuvenate many of the concerns patients have without surgery.
- You will need to sleep and rest with your head slightly elevated for a week after your procedure. We prefer that you do NOT sleep on your face.
- Pain is minimal, subsides by the second or third day, and is easily controlled with medication like Tylenol. Most patients do not take anything after the first day.
- Swelling is mild to moderate and peaks at day two, then subsides rapidly over the next several weeks.
- Bruising is minimal.
- You will come in the day after your procedure for a checkup, and sutures are removed about six days afterwards.
- Makeup may be applied after sutures are removed, and you are able to comfortably appear in public after that time.
- You may resume many activities within the first week after surgery, and most regular activities by the end of three weeks.
Blepharoplasty – Lower Result
- Natural, rested, younger appearance.
- May also require the treatment of Fillers and DOT laser.
- Presentable appearance by the end of the first week that just gets better over three to six months.