Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds,** that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Hollowness in the cheek area.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- Sculptra Aesthetic is injected into the skin. The number of injections per treatment session will vary depending on the degree of correction that is right for you.
- Expect swelling and tenderness for 48 – 72 hours. Possible bruising may last about 7 days.
- You may apply cold/ice packs to treated areas for the first 24 hours to minimize swelling.
- Arnica gel may be used to massage the areas to help reduce bruising and swelling
- Normal activities may be resumed immediately following treatment.
- Makeup may be applied a few hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure until swelling has resolved.
- Massage treated areas 5 times a day for 5 minutes for 5 days to distribute solution and help prevent nodule formation – unless instructed not to. This may be uncomfortable for the first couple of days, but is still necessary. The easiest time to massage is when the face is moistened with cleanser or moisturizer.
- Schedule your next appointment in 2-3 months to determine if additional treatments are needed. Most patients require a minimum of two treatments.
- Results may begin to appear 4 – 6 weeks after treatment and will gradually improve for up to 12 months. Results last up to 2 – 3 years after initial treatment.
- A possible side effect can be the delayed appearance of tiny nodules under the skin, which can appear 6 – 12 months after treatment. They are palpable, but not visible and development can be minimized by following the post treatment massage instructions.
- Any worsening or prolonged symptoms should be reported to the Doctor.
- Immediate results that only improves over the next several weeks after treatment.
- Sculptra Aesthetic works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.
Most Commonly Asked Patient Questions
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable that can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly. It replaces lost collagen to give you a more natural looking appearance without giving you away. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, on average, three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years.
There are a few factors that figure into how much treatment with Sculptra Aesthetic will cost. Some of these include:
- — How many treatment sessions are needed
- — How much Sculptra Aesthetic (number of vials) your physician uses per treatment
- — The degree of correction you and your physician decide upon
- — Your physician’s fees
- — Discounts and special offers
- — Where you live
Due to these factors and especially because Scultpra Aesthetic treatments are tailored to individual patients, cost will vary from person to person. The best way to determine your individual cost is by talking to your doctor.
To find a Sculptra Aesthetic-trained physician near you, click here.
Comparing the cost of facial rejuvenation options to each other can be challenging because so much depends on desired results, the amount of product your doctor recommends, your response to the treatment, the amount of time results last, and your specific physician’s fees.A treatment that lasts up to 3 to 6 months may cost less up front than one that lasts much longer, yet generally require additional treatment sessions to maintain the effect for the same duration. You may want to consider the total cost over time.When comparing the price of Sculptra Aesthetic to other injectables, it can be helpful to weigh cost against treatment duration. Of course, the best way to determine how much a treatment option will cost is to talk to your physician and discuss your needs.
Coupon or rebate programs through the manufacturer and/or the physician may be available from time to time. It’s a good idea to ask your physician if there’s a current discount program available at the time of your consultation.Additionally, you can sign up for Beauty Conversations. It’s a limited series of exclusive e-mails and brochures that are customized, so the information is relevant to your anti-aging needs. You’ll also hear from real women and dermatologists who share their personal and professional experiences with Sculptra Aesthetic. Sign up for Beauty Conversations.
A discussion with a physician is a great way to get more information about Sculptra Aesthetic. It’s good to start thinking about what you want to get out of your anti-aging treatment. For example, with Sculptra Aesthetic, you get a natural-looking appearance without looking like you’ve had work done. And the results can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary. Our discussion guide has questions and thought-starters so you can have a more productive conversation with your physician to help determine if Sculptra Aesthetic is right for you. Learn more.Download Your Discussion Guide
According to a survey, most women prefer gradual results that can last longer versus shorter-term options. Sculptra Aesthetic is in line with what most women say they are looking for — an anti-aging treatment that works gradually with results that can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary.* From a survey of consumer attitudes around medical anti-aging treatments for the face conducted with 383 women 35 to 69 years of age who are considering medical anti-aging treatment (MAT) within the next 2 years.
Sculptra Aesthetic is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, which are treated with the appropriate injection technique. Sculptra Aesthetic is suitable for:
- — Deep folds between the nose and the mouth (nasolabial folds) also called smile lines
- — The lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- — Chin wrinkles
Sculptra Aesthetic is FDA approved in the United States and has been used worldwide since 1999. Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid that is absorbed naturally by the body — and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.Side effects reported include injection site pain, redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling. Small bumps under the skin that can sometimes be noticeable when pressing on the treated area may also occur. Larger lumps, with or without inflammation, have also been reported. Other side effects may include the delayed development of non-visible, small bumps under the skin sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area.
Sculptra Aesthetic has been safely used worldwide since 1999, in over 150,000 patients, under the trade names New-Fill™ and Sculptra. In 2009, the FDA granted approval in the U.S. for the correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold (smile lines) contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles which are treated with the appropriate injection technique in healthy people.
Sculptra Aesthetic works to target the underlying causes of the signs of aging such as collagen loss. Sculptra Aesthetic is a facial injectable that works gradually in a series of treatments — an average of 3 injection sessions over a period of a few months — to produce a refined, more youthful-looking appearance. During the course of your Sculptra Aesthetic treatments, collagen is replaced. Over time, you’ll notice changes to your face that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which works to replace lost collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid is safe – absorbed naturally by the body – and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
Sculptra Aesthetic treats shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds** which are treated with appropriate injection techniques for results that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable with results that can last up to 2 years* after your last treatment.
No. Because Sculptra Aesthetic targets the underlying causes of the signs of facial aging, it can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly and can last for up to 2 years.* Some visible improvements can be seen within the first few weeks of treatment, but the Sculptra Aesthetic regimen is designed to deliver its unique effects over the course of a few months. Typically, an average of 3 treatment sessions over a period of a few months – and because results happen gradually, you’ll see subtle yet noticeable results in the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.**
If you want subtle yet noticeable results, Sculptra Aesthetic may be right for you. Sculptra Aesthetic is injected beneath the skin and works to gradually replace lost collagen, targeting the underlying cause of the signs of facial aging, for results that can last up to 2 years.