Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen. It helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds,** that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.
Where can Sculptra be used?
- Deep furrows or creases in the lines that run from the nose to the mouth.
- Wrinkles in-between or at the sides of the eyes.
- Creases on the forehead.
- Lines around the lips.
- Hollowness under the eyes.
- Hollowness in the cheek area.
- Indentions in the skin created by a scar.
- Lack of fullness of the face.
- Sculptra Aesthetic is injected into the skin. The number of injections per treatment session will vary depending on the degree of correction that is right for you.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- After each treatment session with Sculptra Aesthetic there are a few easy things you will need to help with the treatment results.
- Massage the treated area a few times each day for several days after treatment
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for a week after being treated to minimize the chance of bruising.
- You may resume most normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Immediate results that only improves over the next several weeks after treatment.
- Sculptra Aesthetic works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- Natural-looking, softened, more youthful appearance.
Most commonly asked patient questions
In this section:
How much does Sculptra Aesthetic cost?
How does the price of Sculptra Aesthetic compare with other anti-aging treatments?
Are there patient discounts, rebates, or special offers available?
What questions should I ask my physician about Sculptra Aesthetic?
What are most women looking for from anti-aging treatments today?
Where is Sculptra Aesthetic used?
Is Sculptra Aesthetic safe? Are there any side effects?
- How much does Sculptra Aesthetic cost?
There are a few factors that figure into how much treatment with Sculptra Aesthetic will cost. Some of these include:
- — How many treatment sessions are needed
- — How much Sculptra Aesthetic (number of vials) your physician uses per treatment
- — The degree of correction you and your physician decide upon
- — Your physician’s fees
- — Discounts and special offers
- — Where you live
Due to these factors and especially because Scultpra Aesthetic treatments are tailored to individual patients, cost will vary from person to person. The best way to determine your individual cost is by talking to your doctor.
To find a Sculptra Aesthetic-trained physician near you, click here.
- How does the price of Sculptra Aesthetic compare with other anti-aging treatments?
Comparing the cost of facial rejuvenation options to each other can be challenging because so much depends on desired results, the amount of product your doctor recommends, your response to the treatment, the amount of time results last, and your specific physician’s fees.
A treatment that lasts up to 3 to 6 months may cost less up front than one that lasts much longer, yet generally require additional treatment sessions to maintain the effect for the same duration. You may want to consider the total cost over time.
When comparing the price of Sculptra Aesthetic to other injectables, it can be helpful to weigh cost against treatment duration. Of course, the best way to determine how much a treatment option will cost is to talk to your physician and discuss your needs.
- Are there patient discounts, rebates, or special offers available?
Coupon or rebate programs through the manufacturer and/or the physician may be available from time to time. It’s a good idea to ask your physician if there’s a current discount program available at the time of your consultation.
Additionally, you can sign up for Beauty Conversations. It’s a limited series of exclusive e-mails and brochures that are customized, so the information is relevant to your anti-aging needs. You’ll also hear from real women and dermatologists who share their personal and professional experiences with Sculptra Aesthetic. Sign up for Beauty Conversations.
- What questions should I ask my physician about Sculptra Aesthetic?
A discussion with a physician is a great way to get more information about Sculptra Aesthetic. It’s good to start thinking about what you want to get out of your anti-aging treatment. For example, with Sculptra Aesthetic, you get a natural-looking appearance without looking like you’ve had work done. And the results can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary. Our discussion guide has questions and thought-starters so you can have a more productive conversation with your physician to help determine if Sculptra Aesthetic is right for you. Learn more.
- What are most women looking for in an anti-aging treatment?
According to a survey, most women prefer gradual results that can last longer versus shorter-term options. Sculptra Aesthetic is in line with what most women say they are looking for — an anti-aging treatment that works gradually with results that can last more than 2 years. Of course, individual results may vary.
* From a survey of consumer attitudes around medical anti-aging treatments for the face conducted with 383 women 35 to 69 years of age who are considering medical anti-aging treatment (MAT) within the next 2 years.
- Where is Sculptra Aesthetic used?
Sculptra Aesthetic is used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, which are treated with the appropriate injection technique. Sculptra Aesthetic is suitable for:
- — Deep folds between the nose and the mouth (nasolabial folds) also called smile lines
- — The lines framing your mouth (marionette lines)
- — Chin wrinkles
- Is Sculptra Aesthetic safe? Are there any side effects?
Sculptra Aesthetic is FDA approved in the United States and has been used worldwide since 1999. Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid that is absorbed naturally by the body — and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
Side effects reported include injection site pain, redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling. Small bumps under the skin that can sometimes be noticeable when pressing on the treated area may also occur. Larger lumps, with or without inflammation, have also been reported. Other side effects may include the delayed development of non-visible, small bumps under the skin sometimes noticeable when pressing on the treated area.
You may also want to know:
HOW DOES Sculptra Aesthetic Work?
Patient Frequently Asked Questions
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable that can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly. It replaces lost collagen to give you a more natural looking appearance without giving you away. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, on average, three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years.
Sculptra Aesthetic has been safely used worldwide since 1999, in over 150,000 patients, under the trade names New-Fill™ and Sculptra. In 2009, the FDA granted approval in the U.S. for the correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold (smile lines) contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles which are treated with the appropriate injection technique in healthy people.
Sculptra Aesthetic works to target the underlying causes of the signs of aging such as collagen loss. Sculptra Aesthetic is a facial injectable that works gradually in a series of treatments — an average of 3 injection sessions over a period of a few months — to produce a refined, more youthful-looking appearance. During the course of your Sculptra Aesthetic treatments, collagen is replaced. Over time, you'll notice changes to your face that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which works to replace lost collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid is safe - absorbed naturally by the body - and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
Sculptra Aesthetic treats shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds** which are treated with appropriate injection techniques for results that can last up to 2 years.*
Sculptra Aesthetic is the first facial injectable with results that can last up to 2 years* after your last treatment.
No. Because Sculptra Aesthetic targets the underlying causes of the signs of facial aging, it can give you noticeable results that emerge subtly and can last for up to 2 years.* Some visible improvements can be seen within the first few weeks of treatment, but the Sculptra Aesthetic regimen is designed to deliver its unique effects over the course of a few months. Typically, an average of 3 treatment sessions over a period of a few months – and because results happen gradually, you’ll see subtle yet noticeable results in the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.**
If you want subtle yet noticeable results, Sculptra Aesthetic may be right for you. Sculptra Aesthetic is injected beneath the skin and works to gradually replace lost collagen, targeting the underlying cause of the signs of facial aging, for results that can last up to 2 years.